Thursday, April 12, 2012

When the oven is Broken.......make Kitchen Sink Soup

My oven is on the fritz, frazzled, dead, gone , kicked the bucket. A couple of the burners work, however. The nice appliance man told me it would be May 5th before the oven was in the wearhouse, and ten days to two weeks till it came by mule train to Flannel City.......so no oven ,what to do about supper.
   Had to make something in a hurry tonight, so got creative and made Kitchen Sink Soup. Grabbed some noodles, a can of beans, a can of minestrone, fresh veggies, leftover broth,leftover tomoatoes,  a sprinkle of sugar to take off the acidic taste of tomatoes....and prestpo, a quick soup. I'd made Hot cross buns the week before the oven died, and frozen a great big batch, so split them up and served them alongside. Not fancy but awfully good.
   Now, the trick will be to be able to make something every night.........kind of fun. But, I must admit I am beginning to have baking withdrawal...........somebody pass me the baking powder.....

No comments:

Post a Comment