Sunday, December 25, 2011

CHRISTMAS DAY CAKE

I always think that something yummy for Christmas Day dinner should be easy, quick, and yet rather decadent. As you can see, one of my Nutcracker Sentries is faithfully guarding this easy cake. ( I collect Nutcrackers...I think they are so cool).
   It's nice not to  have to fuss too much on Christmas Day. This is too easy. A packaged devil's food chocolate mix ( yes, I said "mix"....not homemade), slathered with whipped cream ( not the Reddi Whip stuff, the real stuff), and shaved chocolate. You could add fresh berries, but I'm in a chocolate-only mode this year. You're not meant to slave over a hot stove all the time........and the Nutcracker can take care of anyone who dares  to venture too close.
                                            A Merry Christmas!

"The Christmas parties of long ago all blur and mix in memory.The real the unrreal become as one!" ( Clara in "The Nutcracker", the story)

No comments:

Post a Comment