Sunday, December 18, 2011

UNVEILING THE CHRISTMAS PUDDING

 I think I know how Mrs. Crachit felt when she took the pudding out from "the copper". It had been steaming away about 6 hours and was ready to burst at the seams, so to speak.  The scent, when I unwrapped this pudding, was absolutely exquisite. I was really quite unprepared for the rich apple-orange-lemony perfume bathed in brandy. Gorgeous colour. Good, moist texture, with apple bits and cranberries peekin out from the cake.
 This is what it looks like when first upended out of the pudding basin. Paper still stuck to it......
When you peel off the paper and cut into the pudding, it is fleshy, tender and the aroma is quite heavenly. Makes me wonder why I haven't made it before this....No wonder Tiny Tim said "God bless us Everyone!"

No comments:

Post a Comment