Saturday, January 21, 2012

WHITE VEGETARIAN SPAGHETTI

 WHITE VEGETARIAN SPAGHETTI
   I'm not big on tomatoe based spaghetti. I am not sure why. But I love white sauce spaghetti. As long as there are tons of veggies in it. This one uses rice pasta ( I am big believer in rice pasta) and an entire bunch of Kale.......oh yum, yum, yum.Most of the ingredients are approximations. I'm not big on measuring. Just go with how you feel. Do everything to taste.

1 pkg rice pasta, cooked and drained
3 cups ( or more) of sliced mushrooms
Handful of the following veggies: onions, variegated peppers, carrot  slices, broccoli
1 large bunch of Kale, chopped
1 can of cream of mushroom soup, plus 1/2 a can of water.
1/2 cup cream or 1/2 and 1/2
Cooked white beans, if you wish
Swiss cheese, grated and sprinkled throughout.
Cheddar cheese, grated and sprinkled on top.
Salt, pepper, basil, marjoram, cilantro, garlic ( all to taste)

1. Cook Pasta.
2. Saute veggies.

Combine cooked pasta, with veggies, mushroom soup, herbs, etc. Pile into greased casserole. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. I am not a big believer of using soup in recipes, but once in a while, it makes it a lot easier. If I was to do this without the soup, I would either make a white sauce, or use veggie broth. But today I was lazy.....I really must get over this laziness.....makes me use cans of soup.....

No comments:

Post a Comment